Administration and Staff will make decisions regarding weather related early dismissal or school cancellations and delays.
In the event of inclement weather pertaining to pupil transportation: Buses will provide transportation in ice, snow, rain, high winds, fog, hot and cold weather. If the driver feels unsafe, they will contact their Center Manager for guidance. Class delays and cancellations will not be the “assumption” the day before inclement weather may occur.
- If more in depth training is needed for driving in inclement weather, the Center Manager for CDL staff holder will reach out to the Transportation Specialist to provide further assistance and training.
School closure or delay for students before the school day begins:
- When conditions warrant, driving staff will communicate with their Center Managers in regards to their local weather conditions and concerns.
- A decision will be make regarding school closure or delay.
- Local radio stations, Remind, class DoJo, etc. Will be used to let the Families and Staff know of the decision made in regards to cancellations and delays in a timely manner.
- One, two or three hour delays are allowable and are determined by Center Managers or Program Director.
- Closures are NOT always consistent or determined based on what the local school districts decide.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||11/1/21||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||11/1/21||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|