Staff will offer breakfast to children who have not already eaten prior to their arrival at our program site, or display signs of hunger, a nourishing substitute for breakfast.
Health Services will provide breakfast bars through the CACFP Pantry located at the Pulaski site.
- Staff will ask the adult who is signing in the child if they had breakfast.
- A breakfast food (granola bar/breakfast bar) and water or milk (whichever is more readily available at the time) will be offered to any child who arrives late to the center (i.e. misses the bus, had a doctor appointment, family transportation issues).
- This is NOT a CACFP claimable meal because all components are not offered.
- Breakfast for late arrivals will not be offered/served if the child arrives within one and a half hours before lunch is served. This will allow time for a child to have an appetite for lunch.
Center or Class Delays:
- Breakfast will not be offered when class is delayed for any reason (weather, transportation issues, etc.)
- For sites using a messaging system for parents, be sure to let them know breakfast is not being provided.
- Health Services will provide bars thru the CACFP Pantry located at the Pulaski Site.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44 (a)(2)(vi)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||10/15/21|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|