Program (CACFP) Policies.
- With parent/guardian signature, NOCAC staff will complete a CACFP Application for Free Meals for every enrolled child. CACFP is the first source of payment for food purchases and supplies; following the guidelines set by USDA. Head Start funds are used to cover costs not covered by USDA in accordance with the updated Child and Adult Food Program: Meal Pattern Revisions Related to the healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010.
- The Child Development Director and Nutrition Manager will maintain all enrollment numbers for all enrolled participants and changes in the application as needed.
- Nutrition Manager will keep these forms on file:
- Applications are filed alphabetically by child’s name.
- Each site has a separate file.
- Files are maintained for three fiscal years
- NOCAC follows all applicable CACFP guidelines including meal counts, use of family-style dining, etc.
- Meal counts are taken by classroom staff at the time each meal is served.
- Meal counts are not taken before or after meal service, but rather at the time of meal service (transition time of hand washing may be used).
- Copies of meal count documents are kept on file.
- Meal count is taken and recorded via ChildPlus electronically.
- Current USDA non-discrimination statement will be listed on the parent handbook and the CACFP Enrollment Form and updated annually by the Nutrition Manager.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.102(d)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||3/27/20, 6/17/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|