NOCAC Head Start staff will complete a Mental Health Screening on every child within 45 days of entry into the program.
- Parents will receive a DECA Screening in their enrollment packet
- The parent will complete the form during the initial home visit.
- The teacher will provide support and assistance to the parent to complete the DECA as needed.
- The form will be completed before the end of the visit unless it is deemed necessary by the teacher to allow the parent to return it on the first day of class.
- The teacher will return the DECA form to the Mental Health/Behavior Specialist for scoring. The score will be entered into ChildPlus under Health-Social/Emotional Screen.
- Teachers will receive a DECA P-2 Classroom/Group Profile based upon parent’s scores.
- Parents will receive a DECA Results Letter.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||Reviewed Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|