NOCAC Head Start will follow all USDA Rules offering a combination of foods that have been registered per the Child Nutrition Labels.
- The Child Nutrition Label (CNL or PFS) will state the product’s contribution toward the meal pattern requirements.
- NOCAC Center Cook/Nutrition Aide will send any new CN Labels in with the monthly paperwork.
- NOCAC Child Development does not get reimbursed when we purchase combination foods from local store such as the following:
- Wal-Mart market pizzas
- Products with CNL/PFS may include:
- Hamburger/Sausage Patties
- Breaded items
- Chicken nuggets
- Fish sticks
- Chicken patties
- The Nutrition Aide will be responsible for the collection of Child Nutrition Labels from the school kitchen for combination foods at collaborative sites.
- A copy the recipes, PFS or CNL will be kept on file at the site.
- A copy of the CNL will be sent to the Health/Nutrition Assistant at the Central Office.
- Child Nutrition labels needs to be taken from the box at 1st time use yearly, copied for self at site and sent in to Health/Safety Assistant.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||7/28/20 , 6/17/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|