The Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) are used to promote school readiness and positive child outcomes. The Head Start Act of 2007 requires programs to align program goals and school readiness goals for children to the Framework. The Framework is used in curriculum, assessment, data collection, analysis, and reporting systems.
ChildPlus Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) is aligned to the ELOF and is the program’s primary resource for monitoring child progress and outcomes.
- Information found within the Child Profile and Reports tabs are monitored throughout the assessment period by the Education Manager.
- Information found within the Reports tab is analyzed within 15 days after final checkpoints are made.
- DRDP Reports are analyzed to determine baseline data in the fall and compare the percentage of children who progress after the winter and spring assessments. Attention will be given to the objectives where children are making the most progress or the least. Summarize areas that show strengths, growth, and areas showing no progress. The findings will be shared with Policy Council, Leadership Team, and the Board
- Data analysis will be conducted three times a year after each checkpoint period according to the data analysis plan and in conjunction with School Readiness Goals.
- The Education Manager will analyze data at the county and program level
- Center Managers and EHS Home Base Manager will analyze data at the site level.
- Teachers will analyze data at the classroom level.
- Part of the analysis will include, but not be limited to, reviewing the demographics of the children served; the number of special needs children; ages; the influence of culture; attendance; the number of classroom volunteers; personnel issues; environments; staff training and education.
Administration and Leadership Team
- Policy Council and the NOCAC board will review program outcomes and make recommendations.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.102(a)(3)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Other Sources:||Head Start Approach to School Readiness|
|Effective Date:||Reviewed Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|