NOCAC Head Start will conduct, within 45 calendar days of the child’s entry into the program, a developmental screening to identify concerns regarding a child’s developmental, behavioral, motor, language, social, cognitive and emotional skills.
NOCAC Head Start Teachers/Appropriate Staff will:
- Use a research-based developmental standardized screening tool:
- ASQ-3 Ages and Stages Questionnaire 3rd ED is the screening tool used to screen developmental, motor, language, social, and cognitive skills. (refer to ASQ Procedure)
- The DECA is the screening tool used to screen social and emotional development.
- As a part of the screening process, additional information from family members will be obtained by:
- The DECA (Devereux Early Childhood Assessment) will be completed by the family at the first home visit.
- The ASQ3 will be completed by the family at the first home visit.
Hearing and Vision Screening
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/17/17||Reviewed Date:||6/9/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|