NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will provide individualized services and supports to meet the child’s needs while the LEA is determining eligibility for IDEA.
- For IEP’s only, the following forms must be completed before the IEP referral process can begin:
- For IFSP’s only, the following forms must be completed before the IFSP referral process can begin:
- Once the family has given permission to refer the child to the LEA by signing the Release of Information (ROI) and the Intervention Team Referral (ITR). A CSP is written by the Disabilities/Intervention Specialist and the child’s teacher/Home Visitor with family input. During the eligibility determination period, the Disabilities/Intervention Specialist along with the child’s teacher and family will develop a Child Service Plan (CSP)
- The CSP will use the child’s strengths and be based on the most recent screening information.
- Will be shared with the LEA along with all referral information.
- Teaching staff will implement CSP and track on the classroom lesson plan and email to the Disabilities/Intervention Specialist every two weeks when lesson plans are due.
- Ongoing assessment will be recorded in the child’s classroom observations and transferred to Teaching Strategies Gold and labeled “per CSP”.
- CSPs will be updated as needed.
- Upon receipt of an IFSP/IEP, CSP will be closed out and recorded in Child Plus by the Disabilities/Intervention Specialist.
- A CSP may be initiated/continued at any time based on the child’s needs.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.61(b)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||3/18/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|