NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will provide individualized services and supports to meet the child’s needs while determining eligibility for IDEA.
- Once the family has given permission to refer for the child and sign the ROI and the CSPR, a CSP is written by the Classroom Coach & Mentor (CCM), Disability Services Coordinator (DSC) and the child’s Teacher/ Home Visitor with family input. This is a written plan of action the CCM, the Teaching Team / Home Visitor, and the family will take during the eligibility determination period to ensure the child’s needs are met. The CSP will use the child’s strengths and will be based on the most recent screening results. There is a modified form for Home Visitor to use in the Home Based program.
- If the DSC cannot be present when the CSP is written, the CSP will then be sent to the DSC for final approval. Once approved, it will be uploaded to the child’s profile in Child plus by the disability Services Coordinator under the Disability/ Concerns tab.
- The CSP will be shared with the appropriate agency, along with the other referral information.
- The teaching team will implement the CSP and track it on the lesson plan. These Lesson plans will be emailed to the CCM every two weeks. The CCM will support the teachers/ home visitors in the implementation as needed.
- Ongoing assessment will be recorded in the child’s observation and in the Child Service plan Portfolio.
- CSP’s will be updated as needed.
- Upon the receipt of an IEP or IFSP, the CSP will be closed out and recorded in Child Plus by the DSC
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Release of Information
- Child Service Plan Referral
- Center Based Child Service Plan
- Home-based Child Service Plan
- Home-based Child Service Plan -SPANISH
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.61(b)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||6/9/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|