NOCAC Head Start staff will send classroom newsletters each month through Class Dojo to provide families with ongoing information about the classroom, center, and program.
- NOCAC engages parents and family members by creating classroom newsletters that discuss the following.
- Name of class, teacher, and month
- Transportation Lessons
- Safety Lesson
- Important Dates/Reminders
- What is happening in the classroom
- Staff will model proper grammar, vocabulary, and language throughout the newsletter.
- A paper copy of the newsletters will be sent home in the family’s primary language per the family’s request. Otherwise, post on Class Dojo.
- For Dual Language Learner families, newsletters will be English on one in side and Spanish on the other side.
- Newsletters are due to the Classroom Coach and Mentors by the dates listed on the staff calendar
- Staff can use their own template or Canva.com.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||8/23/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|