NOCAC Head Start staff will send home classroom newsletters each month to provide families with ongoing information about the classroom, center and program.
- NOCAC engages parents and family members by creating classroom newsletters that discuss the following.
- Update classroom pictures
- Transportation Lessons
- Safety Lesson
- Important Dates/Reminders
- 3 In-Kind Activities (At home ideas to do with their child)
- 1 At Home Volunteer Option (see the Education Handbook for further guidance)
- 1 At School Volunteer Option (see the Education Handbook for further guidance)
- Staff will model proper grammar, vocabulary, and language throughout the newsletter.
- A paper copy of the newsletters will be sent home in the family’s primary language per the family’s request.
- For Dual Language Learner families, newsletters will be English on one side and Spanish on the other side.
- Newsletters are due to the ECE Coach & Support Specialist by the dates listed on the Education Due Date Sheet.
- Staff must use the template provided by the Education Department.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||12/2/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|