NOCAC Head Start/Home Based (HS/HB) staff will asses the children’s development by using the Desired Results Developmental Profile on ChildPlus Mobile.
- ChildPlus DRDP is an ongoing assessment tool, which can be implemented by the Teachers and HS/HB Home Visitors (HV) to measure the educational progress of children. From birth through kindergarten, this program can help teachers evaluate specific characteristics and strategies for effective educational development.
- DRDP emphasizes using everyday assessment in typical activities so that Teachers and HS/HB HV can understand where each student’s development level is. It is intended to avoid standardized teaching methods, which neglect each child’s variations in educational progress.
- Teachers and HS/HB HV utilize ChildPlus Mobile to enter documentation and observations on individual children.
- Teachers and HS/HB HV utilize the Checkpoint Assessment Area three times per year to document individual children’s development level for Fall, Winter and Spring. Due dates will be placed on the calendar at the beginning of the year. HB HV will complete four checkpoint, one per quarter.
- After documentation is complete and each child’s development level is determined the Project Manager will print off a DRDP parent report from ChildPlus for each child.
- Teachers and HS/HB HV will review this report with the parents/guardians at the 1st, 2nd Parent/Teacher conference and the 2nd Home Visit.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33(b)(c)(d)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||1/6/20||Reviewed Date:||7/31/20, 11/21/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|