NOCAC Child Development will ensure that any family whose primary language is not English will receive referrals, materials, and program information in their primary language. NOCAC Child Development will provide an interpreter at no cost to the family.
- The Family Advocate will determine the family’s primary language at the initial application intake.
- NOCAC Child Development will provide support to Spanish speaking families in the following ways:
- Materials in Spanish
- Program information in Spanish
- Qualified interpreters at no charge to the family
- Referrals to learn English if wanted
- Support is not limited to the above list
- NOCAC Child Development will provide as much support to families whose primary language is not English or Spanish as possible including providing an interpreter at no cost to the family and using online translation resources.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.31(b)(2), 1302.50(b)(5), 1302.51(a)(3)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||12/20/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|