NOCAC Head Start will establish and implement policies and procedures to respond to emergency situations of which all staff are familiar and trained.
- The written emergency preparedness plan will be updated by the start of the program year, for each site, by each Center Manager.
- The Center Managers will submit changes for approval to the Child Development Director.
- All changes will be given to the Transportation and Safety Specialist to update, print and distribute to sites to be posted on the Family Information Board and the bus binders behind tab 2.
- The written Emergency Preparedness Plan will be communicated to all NOCAC staff and posted on the Family Information Board
- For a detailed description of what ODJFS requires to be included, go to http://emanuals.jfs.ohio.gov/ChildCare/ChildCareCenter/Rules/5101-2-12-16.stm
Medical or Dental Emergencies
- Every NOCAC Head Start Site will complete the JFS 01242 Medical, Dental and General Emergency Plan
- The plan will be posted by each phone and in each classroom and other spaces used by the children.
- Every NOCAC Head Start Site will complete the JFS 01201 Dental First Aid Plan.
- This plan will be posted in a location readily available to staff and parents.
- Choking posters must be clearly hanging in every room where meals are served and eaten.
Fire and Weather Alert Plans
- Every NOCAC Head Start Site will post fire and weather alert plans in each classroom and other spaces used by the children. The plan will include a diagram indicating evacuation routes.
- Every site will conduct monthly fire drills at varying times and document drills on the Record of Emergency Drills form from the Ohio State Fire Marshall which can be found at http://www.com.ohio.gov/documents/fire_RecordofEmergencyEvacuationDrills.pdf
- Every site will conduct monthly weather emergency drills in the months of March through September and document the drills on the Record of Emergency Drills form from the Ohio State Fire Marshall (see link on a).
- These forms will be turned in to the state fire marshal if requested. If not requested, these forms will be kept at the center on file.
- Every NOCAC Head Start Site will conduct an emergency/lockdown drill quarterly and record it on the Record of Emergency Drills from the Ohio State Fire Marshall (see link above)
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.47(b)(8)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-16(H)|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||7/31/20, 10/15/21, 6/8/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|