NOCAC Child Development recognizes the importance of both parents involvement in the program. NOCAC Child Development provides events and opportunities that are focused on father engagement.
- NOCAC Child Development Staff will recognize and respect the roles of both the mother and father have on their children.
- The Family Advocate will explain the importance and expectation of father engagement at the initial application appointment.
- All NOCAC Child Development Staff will continue to engage the participant’s father throughout the program term.
- NOCAC Child Development Staff will provide the same support to fathers as is given to the mother.
- Promoting positive co-parenting
- Promoting the father as educators to their child
- Involve the father in program activities such as:
- Family Fun Nights
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Transitioning plans
- Goal setting
- Mailing important information where shared parenting is present
- Bring dad to school week
- Super dad reader
- When dad answers the phone talk to him
- If mom cannot be reached, reach out to dad
- Conscious Discipline for Families
- Volunteering in the program for Policy Council
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.50(b)(1)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||12/22/20, 6/9/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|