All NOCAC classrooms and buses have readily available, well-supplied first aid kits appropriate for the ages served and available on outings away from the site and accessible to staff members at all times but kept out of reach of children.
- First Aid kits are available in each classroom and bus and must be accessible to all staff members at all times. There are two different First Aid Kits. One kit remains on the bus at all times. The other is a backpack used for the center/classroom/playground.
- First Aid kits are to be kept out of reach of children at all times.
- The bus first aid kit must be secured to a surface.
- Classroom staff will carry First Aid backpack on all field trips.
- When on the bus, the First Aid backpack must be secured on the bus.
- The First Aid backpack cannot be stored on the bus.
- Classroom staff will carry a First Aid backpack when outdoors.
- Classroom staff will carry a First Aid backpack for any type of safety drill (fire, tornado and emergency/lockdown).
- Inventory of first aid supplies
- Center/Classroom First Aid Backpacks: An inventory of first aid supplies is to be conducted monthly and recorded on the inventory log.
- Bus First Aid Kit: Drivers must check first aid kit daily as part of their daily pre-trip inspection.
- Staff will restock depleted items immediately when used. If additional items are needed please request from the Transportation/Safety Coordinator
- Transportation and Safety Coordinator will order and keep supplies at the central office to be used out at sites.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- First Aid Kit Contents – ODJFS 5101:2-12-16 Appendix A – see below
- Inventory form
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.47|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-16 & 5101:2-12-16 Appendix A|
|Caring for Our Children:||18.104.22.168|
|Other Sources:||2016 Ohio School Bus Inspection Manual pg 26|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||6/8/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|