Proper storage of food to minimize potential contamination is maintained at all times.
- All NOCAC sites will follow the first in, first out (FIFO) method of stock rotation.
- Record the date received on each can or individual box with a permanent marker
- Place the most recent purchases or oldest expiration date in the back of the shelf.
- Oldest food products are up front and used first.
- Do not use dented or damaged cans for food service.
- Store dry food away from walls and at least six inches off the floor.
- This will make the area easier to clean and to check for pests.
- Expired food will be sent to the NOCAC PATH Center.
- The Center Cook will ensure there is very little carry over thru the summer by reducing inventory of unopened food during the month of May.
- The Center Cook will empty, clean and unplug freezers and refrigerators at the end of the school year.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206|
|Effective Date:||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|