Program funds may be used for professional medical and dental services when no other source of funding is available.
- NOCAC Child Development does not pay for medical or dental bills when other sources of funding can be used to pay those costs.
- NOCAC does not deny children enrollment into Head Start or Early Head Start on the basis of lack of medical or dental insurance.
- If a family is uninsured, the Family Advocate or other NOCAC Staff will assist them in obtaining Medicaid or other approved insurance coverage for services.
- Any assistance given to the family will be documented in ChildPlus by the Family Advocate.
- If a family has been billed for services, the Family Advocate or other NOCAC Staff will submit the bill to the Health Manager for processing to ensure the family does not pay for the service.
- NOCAC Service Area Managers will develop Memorandum of Understandings as needed with community partners for services at negotiated rates.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.42(e)(2)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||6/16/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|