NOCAC Head Start assists families in ensuring that all children enrolled in Head Start are up-to-date with immunizations and assisting those with children who are not up-to-date to receive them.
- The program must have a current immunization record on file no later than thirty days after enrollment. If records are unavailable, authorized health staff will check the State of Ohio Impact System for proof of immunizations.
- A record of the immunizations must specify the month, day, and year of immunization and must be kept in the child’s Central Office and Center file and entered in ChildPlus.
- Individual immunization records are checked for completion and accuracy to include validation of immunizations by Central Office Health and Administration staff. The State of Ohio and the Center for Disease Control recommended schedule of immunizations will be used to determine immunization completion.
- Incomplete immunization notices will be sent to the parent/guardian in a timely manner. The parent/guardian will be informed of local immunization clinics and transportation services will be offered when needed. Children with private insurance will be referred to their primary care physician.
- Teaching staff will keep record of incomplete immunizations and will repeatedly notify the parent/guardian.
- Refer to Parental Waiver/Refusal of Services for parents that choose to waive immunizations for their enrolled child.
- Health and Safety Manager will monitor all immunization records in January/February of each year and send communication to all families that are currently not up to date.
- TB Screening is only required when recommended by a child’s primary care physician.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Parental Waiver/Refusal of Services
- Diseases for Immunizations
- Waiver Exemption of Services
- Ohio Immunization Program
- What Parents of Children in Child Care Need to Know
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.42|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-15|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||6/7/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|