NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will build upon each child’s development and learning by providing individualization activities weekly documented on the lesson plans.
- Make a specific goal for each child to work on in the class throughout the two week period based on any parent suggestions or information provided by the assessment data.
- Individualizations need to focus on a missing skill the children may have or a skill that needs to be strengthened.
- S participant with an IEP/CSP will have individualized goals reflected on the lesson plan utilizing an astrict (*).
- Staff may refer to the Lesson Plan Policy for further guidance.
HS/EHS HOME VISITORS
- Home visitors will individualize the home visit record for the home base families by having the family choose the next module they want to focus on in the Growing Great Kids curriculum. This will be reflected on the HS Home Visit Record form or EHS Home Visit Record form.
- For children with IEP’s, the home visitor will document how the family worked on the IEP goal for previous week with their child. This will be documented in the IEP section on the home visit record form and will also be in the family goal section of the HVR.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.31(b)(1)(ii) 1302.31(c)(2)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||1/20/21|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|