Website Northwestern Ohio Community Actio Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
We are looking for a motivated person to provide assistance to the Health and Safety team to ensure that all children of Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) programs are up to date on required health screenings. This person also assists in the coordination and has oversight of Child and Adult Care Food Program Center food service.operations.
Wage: $15.11 – $16.20, depending on education qualifications. This is a 40 hour a week position.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30-4 or 8-4:30
Job duties include:
- Perform, review and track health related screenings. Help coordinate and plan dental assessment days.
- Assist in the reviewing of CACFP Eligibility forms, dietary surveys and restrictions. Assist in developing nutrition plans for any child’s special dietary need.
- Ensure that all children’s nutrition, health, dental and related information has been obtained and completed.
- Assist with the development of health, nutrition and sanitation policies.
- Maintain relationships/collaborations with nutrition, medical and dental providers.
- Assist in the development/presentation of trainings to staff and children in the classroom on health related topics.
- Become certified as a First Aid/ CPR instructor and train staff/parents as needed.
- Conduct/complete monitoring of food service facilities to ensure compliance.
- Develop menus that meet CACFP, SFSP, HSPPS, and ODE standards. Monitor/review CACFP forms for compliance and accuracy. Create and maintain SFSP ingredient books to match menu.
- Prepare monthly CACFP claim for child care centers. Evaluate data and calculate estimated reimbursements.
- Become Manager Serve-Safe certified.
- Assist with the CACFP/SFSP, food service license and food safety applications. Review SFSP vendor paperwork and follow up, as needed.
- Coordinate/lead quarterly staffing’s with food service staff. Provide continuing education opportunities for all food service staff as required per CACFP.
- Create a plan to introduce new foods to children at the sites.
- Take the lead on the coordination and facilitation of Farm to ECE and Snap-ED.
- Order approved CNL products and maintain the HS/EHS food pantry.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement plan has a 6% match
- Accruals earned: Personal and Vacation time
- 11 paid holiday’s
- Weekends off
- Summers off
- Make a difference in the lives of children
What can you bring to the table?
- A friendly, enthusiastic attitude
- Passion for helping and serving others
- Desire to learn how to cook
- Desire to keep things clean and organized
- Be insurable under the NOCAC insurance policy
- Be able to pass a background check
Minimum job qualifications:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree or certification in Public Health or Nutrition/Dietary Management area, preferred
- Three years’ experience in a health/ nutrition program that included menu preparation, cost management, report preparation and training of adults, preferred.
- Experience with children and families, including health education experience, preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.