Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
This is an AmeriCorps one year position.
The role of the Communications and Engagement Specialist is to develop and coordinate a robust internal and external communication strategy focused on engaging persons eligible for NOCAC programs, NOCAC staff, and community partners. NOCAC is near the tail end of rebranding the agency. Once this process is complete, we will have a complete rebranding/marketing package that will need to be executed. This position will work to improve awareness of programs and services and support NOCAC’s mission to minimize the effects of poverty by connecting individuals to opportunities and resources that support a secure future.
- Monday – Friday, 8-4:30
- Location will be a combination of on-site (Defiance) and remote work
- 40 hours/wk, for one year
- Living Stipend: $675.08 biweekly (gross)
- Housing stipend $200/month
- End of Term Education Award Amount: $6895.00 OR End of Year Cash Stipend: $1800.00
- Student Loan Deferment during service (must select education end-of-service award)
- All Federal Holidays off (and a few bonus days, too)
- 10 days personal leave
- 10 days sick leave
- Noncompetitive Eligibility Status for Federal Job openings for 1 year after service
- Health Care Benefits:
1. AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance – members who have health care
coverage can get reimbursed for certain out-of-pocket expenses
2. AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefit Plan – members who do not have health
care coverage can enroll in this basic plan at no cost
- Must be 18 years of age.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- College coursework in Communications or Graphic Design, preferred.
- Past experience in communication, journalism, and/or graphic design related work or projects helpful.
- Must be collaborative, but also very comfortable and driven working independently.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance.
- Must have a good driving record in order to be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To Apply: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=93575
Contact: email@example.com 419.784.2150 x1101 if you have any questions or need more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org