Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
Cook – PATH Center (Soup Kitchen)
Come join our Homeless Services staff in helping individuals facing homelessness. We are looking for somebody who enjoys cooking for a group of people. This person would be responsible for planning and preparing economical, healthy lunches for all soup kitchen participants and shelter residents and for managing and utilizing donated and purchased food items.
Wage: $12.29 hourly wage. Hourly wage increases upon completion of serve-safe certification to $13.73 hr.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8-3:00. This is a 35 hr/wk position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with an agency 6% match
- Accruals earned: Personal (2 weeks) and Vacation (1 week in year one of employment; increases after first year)
- All Federal Holidays are paid days off.
- Plan and prepare meals from donated inventory supplementing with purchased items.
- Maintain the pantry, cooler and freezer in a neat and orderly fashion at all times. Maintain sanitary conditions during food service preparation and meal service.
- Establish a monthly menu.
- Present food in an attractive and appealing manner. Establish a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room area.
- Follow kitchen cleaning list. This includes washing dishes, sanitizing all surfaces, logging/storing incoming donations, sweeping/mopping kitchen floors, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in quantity cooking, preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com