Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
Crew Chief, Housing and Energy Programs – Defiance, OH
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30-4 (40 hrs)
Wage: $16.58 hourly
Performs a variety of supervisory & operational duties associated with Housing and Energy work on dwellings. Work involves leading and working alongside an assigned work crew at job sites following all OSHA compliance codes and/or regulations. Ensure all Housing and Energy work is completed in accordance with HWAP requirements and quality standards.
- Provide leadership to promote organizational effectiveness, coordination of work efforts, a productive work atmosphere and positive working relationships.
- Exercises direct, first-level supervision of installers, operations and activities.
- Lead and work along-side the crew to perform measures necessary for completion of each job. Keep the Housing and Energy Administrator informed of work progress.
- Conduct on-the-job training for crew members.
- Coordinate the work needed for callbacks.
- Communicates job details with the customer. Answers technical questions regarding energy conservation and job site plans.
- Repair or replace exterior prime doors which could include repair or replacement of locksets, hinges and door jambs. Plane existing doors to better fit door jamb, hang new doors, countersink hinges, and install lock sets and peep hole.
- Insulate attics, sidewalls, floors, crawl spaces, water heaters, pipes, heating ducts, attic hatches and other locations and facilities.
- Install roof, gable, foundation or soffit vents, extend exhaust pipes through roof as required to create air flow within the house and to control moisture problems.
- Repair/replace windows including repair of broken glass, sashes, sills or weather-stripping.
- Conduct, compute and analyze blower door tests to determine leakage levels for infiltration work including repair of walls, ceilings, floors, roofs, and foundations. Complete a zone test on attic or crawl as required and complete worst case draft testing as required per WPS & new Standard Work Specifications.
- Review the Energy Audit Job Book to determine materials and priorities needed to complete job. Assist crew members in loading truck with supplies and materials necessary to perform assigned tasks at work site. Unload necessary tools and materials from truck at work site.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have all the following required certifications: Basic Housing and Energy Tactics, Mobile Home WX, Blower Door Usage, OSHA 10HR, LEAD EPA RRP.
- Demonstrated experience in home construction, home remodeling, Housing and Energy skills training or technical school.
- Must have two year’s supervisory experience.
- Possess excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively, clearly and regularly with supervisor and co-workers on all work-related topics.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with estimators, installers, clients, the general public and heating contractors.
- Must have the ability to listen and empathize with problems and concerns of low income consumers while maintaining a professional relationship.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects at once, effectively deal with stressful situations & easily adapt to sudden and unexpected changes in work assignments.
Physical Requirements (review):
- Must be able to stand for periods at a time;
- Must have the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time;
- Push, pull, and move objects weighing up to 100 pounds;
- Lift objects up to 50 pounds;
- Work on roofs and ladders at varying heights
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers’ License, maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance, and be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.