Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission
Teacher – Defiance Head Start
Join our Head Start family as the lead teacher in a classroom that conduct classroom activities and instruction for 3-5 year olds. You will have the opportunity to enhance children’s growth and development in all areas including: physical, cognitive, social/emotional, language, literacy, mathematics, science and technology, social studies, art, and English language acquisition.
The Teacher has two assigned assistants who they will work with to:
- Create and implement lesson plans following standard curriculum, and utilizing creative activities, field trips, speakers, and other classroom experiences to achieve educational objectives.
- Establish and maintain physical setup of classroom and assure a safe, clean and healthy environment so that children are able to effectively and safely interact with their surroundings.
- Set-up new learning centers and rotate learning materials bi-weekly. Maintain and operate center according to ODJFS Licensing rules
- Demonstrate appropriate standards of personal health, safety and behavior management. (use of bathroom facilities, tooth-brushing, classroom and meal-time manners, etc.)
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Starting Wage: $16.00/hr (Associates Degree) – $18.30/hr (Bachelors Degree)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with an agency 6% match
- Accruals earned: Personal and Vacation time
- Paid for all Federal holidays
- Summers off; no weekends
- An associate, bachelor, or advanced degree that includes 18 hours of coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE
- Experience teaching preschool children
- Stand for periods of time while working in a preschool environment
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.