Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
This person will manage all areas of Education Services within Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission’s Head Start program (center base only) and ensure compliance with all program policies and procedures.
Wage: $17.28 – $18.37, depending on education qualifications. This is a 40 hour a week position.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30-4 or 8-4:30
- Develop and update the Curriculum Guide for the Center Base option. Oversee implementation of center base curriculum.
- Monitors the collecting, analyzing, and reporting of child/program data.
- Collaborate with managers to develop, implement, and document timely transitions of all children.
- Create plans on monitoring and classroom planning.
- Provide content specific data to assist with program specific grants.
- Ensure that all facilities, equipment, toys, materials and furniture comply with the ODJFS licensing requirements.
- Develop component policies and procedures and assist with grant applications.
- Prepare written reports for leadership and Policy Council meetings.
- Observe and support staff during the Child Development Associate (CDA) certification process. Serve as a CDA Specialist for CDA candidates.
- Provide Reflective Supervision and team meetings for education staff and the promotion of continuous learning through training, observation, and coaching, including lab experiences.
- Provide direct supervision of assigned staff that includes: thorough orientation, continuous on the job training, observation of performance, evaluation, professional development plans and disciplinary actions as needed following the NOCAC Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Four years’ direct experience in child care center setting
- Experience in direct supervision of adults in a professional setting
- Experience in the development of curriculum and lesson plans
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for periods at a time
- Must be able to stand for periods at a time
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
- Must be fully vaccinated (COVID-19)
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.