Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop, and coordinate services designed to combat conditons related to poverty.
Early Head Start Home Visitor – Williams County
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about helping others and would be devoted to working with others to support the NOCAC mission: To plan, develop and coordinate program and services designed to combat conditions related to poverty. This position provides in-home instruction for the NOCAC Early Head Start Program. It also provides group socialization experiences for parents and children to enhance the parents ability to fill the role of primary educator of their child.
Beginning pay: $13.72 (CDA); $14.31 (Associates Degree); $15.45 (Bachelors Degree) hourly wage. This is a 38 hour per week, non-exempt position.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8-4:30 with opportunity to flex time based on the needs of the program.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with an agency 6% match
- Accruals earned: Personal and Vacation time
- 15 paid holiday’s
- No weekends
Job Duties include:
- Conduct weekly home visits with Birth-3 aged children and their parent(s)/guardians and model skills to encourage parent(s)/guardian to be active as their child’s primary educator.
- Assist families in creating and implementing weekly lesson plans following the GGK Birth to 3 home visiting curriculum.
- Complete all sensory and developmental screenings according to HSPPS EHS and program timelines.
- Observe or visit Head Start classrooms to aide in the transition process to Head Start services.
- Minimum of a Home Visiting CDA credential or equivalent coursework as part of an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree. Normally found in Human Development, Social Wok, or ECE degrees.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s License and maintain the state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier. Must be over the age of 21.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality of program, client and staff information at all times.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Head Start experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.