Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditons related to poverty.
ECE Coach and Support Specialist – Defiance, Ohio
The ECE Coach provides support to teaching staff and center managers that includes specialized knowledge in early childhood by conducting observations, modeling and monitoring classroom activities in accordance with State and program regulations.
- Practice Based Coaching: assess teachers using the prescribed tool, develop goals with the identified teachers.
- Train new teachers and teacher assistants in collaboration with the center manager.
- Facilitate lesson plan dialogue between teaching team members.
- Conduct Creative Curriculum Fidelity classroom observations for each classroom
- Conduct Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) observations
- As a Conscious Discipline Support Trainer model skills and provide teacher support in the classroom.
- Track each classroom’s TS GOLD observation binder to ensure timely data collection
- Organize Reading is Fundamental (RIF) educational activities
- Design, and conduct workshops at staffing and in-service training. Co-facilitate the Community of Learners study group for Ohio approved credit.
- Substitute in classrooms as needed.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, school hours vary based on the needs of the program, 40 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $16.20 hourly
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education OR
- Bachelor Degree in a related field with two years of experience in an early childhood classroom setting.
- Experience in adult learning, preferred.
- Must be CLASS Reliable or have the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Experience with ChildPlus, Teaching Strategies GOLD and in Head Start preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.