Website Northwestern Ohio comunity Action Commission
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combate conditions related to poverty.
Housing Coordinator – Defiance, Ohio
Support the needs of homeless individuals, homeless families and supportive service providers by cultivating clear partnerships, recruiting volunteers and advocates and communicating information about resources and funding opportunities. Receives referrals and assesses eligibility for entry into the homeless crisis response system.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5. 40 hours per week
Starting Wage: $12.70 – $15.11, based on educational qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field, preferred
- A minimum of one year of experience in human services work or volunteer work in a human services environment.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.