Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
Installer – Defiance, Ohio
Beginning pay: $14.38 hourly wage. This is a 40 hour per week.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8-4:30
Job Duties include:
- Perform weatherization techniques including drilling & blowing insulation into sidewalls and insulate attics & floors to minimize escape of heat.
- Must be able to accurately measure, carry 50 lbs., climb a 20 ft. ladder, work in tight spaces and be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Follow all OSHA compliance codes and/or regulations and attend safety trainings as required.
- Safeguard vehicle, materials and equipment at all times and complete all required paperwork and reports within required time-frames.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated experience in building trades. Experience in remodeling and insulation is a plus.
- Preference will be given to applicants with OWPS training, or training in the field at a technical school.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s License and maintain the state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality of program, client and staff information at all times.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.