NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will work closely with the local agency responsible for implementing IDEA, the family and other service partners.
NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start, in collaboration with the LEA (Local Education Agency) will:
- Review the LEA Agreement yearly.
- Require NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start Teachers/Home Visitors to contact the participant’s dual enrollment teacher quarterly. Contact will be documented on the Quarterly Contact Form for Children with IFSP/IEP.
- Require the LEA to provide any specialized therapies, such as but not limited to, physical, occupational and speech/language.
- Review the IEP yearly as required by IDEA.
- Review IFSP every 6 months.
- Collaborate to enroll the child in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE).
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.63(b)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||3/17/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|