NOCAC Head Start Nutrition Staff will use effective inventory and cost control by utilizing the pantry when possible.
- The Health/Safety Assistant will place an order monthly for pantry items.
- The Health/Safety Assistant will email the Center Cooks the order.
- The order is scheduled to be delivered to Pulaski on Mondays.
- The Center Cooks will work with the Center Manager to make arrangements to get Pantry items picked up.
- The Center Cooks need to be purposeful in their planning and look at the menu two to four weeks ahead to determine what items will be needed from the pantry.
- The Pantry Inventory is on Google Drive and shared with all Center Cooks and Center Managers. The Health/Safety Assistant will update the inventory weekly/as needed.
- Center Cooks will email the Health/Safety Assistant by Thursday, the week before with what is needed from the Pantry.
- If the Center Cook needs an item not on the Pantry Inventory, he/she needs to contact the Health/Safety Assistant via email.
- Sites receiving Sysco deliveries will not need to utilize the Pantry as often.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||9/30/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|