NOCAC Child Development offers opportunities for parents to participate in a research-based parenting curriculum that builds on parents’ knowledge and offers parents the opportunity to practice parenting skills to promote children’s learning and development.
- NOCAC Child Development uses Conscious Disciple for families which is a research-based parenting curriculum to help support parents in strengthening their parenting skills.
- Both in-person and virtual training is available.
- This curriculum has three different ways in which it delivers the training. NOCAC Child Development utilizes all three depending on the needs and wants of the parents interested in learning more about Conscious Discipline
- Parent Nights
- Home Visits
- Pre and post-tests are conducted to collect data important to show positive gains made by parents.
- Handouts and make-it-take-it activities are provided for all participants
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.52|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||12/18/20||Reviewed Date:||6/16/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Not Required||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|