NOCAC Child Development encourages parents to participate in nutrition educational activities.
- NOCAC Child Development encourages parents to participate in nutrition activities such as:
- Helping prepare meals in the classroom
- Serve and assist in the kitchen as needed
- Co-plan menus (within established guidelines)
- Contribute recipes of their child’s favorite food and/or cultural recipes
- Acting as a chaperone for nutrition-related field trips
- Working with groups of children on cooking projects
- Making materials for nutrition learning activities
- Collecting appropriate food packages and other props to be used in role-playing activities
- Conferring with NOCAC Staff about feeding problems
- Placing recipes on display or helping develop nutrition-related bulletin boards
- Writing or contributing recipes or nutritional-related concerns to be published in the NOCAC Head Start Newsletter
- NOCAC Staff will encourage parent participation by means of verbal and/or written communication.
- Parent education activities include opportunities to assist individual families with food preparation and nutritional activities.
- Parents serve as representatives on the Health Services Advisory Board.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44 Child Nutrition|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||05/05/20, 6/8/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|