NOCAC Child Development program will provide enrolled pregnant women, fathers and partners or other relevant family members the prenatal and postpartum information, education and services as appropriate including a newborn visit within two weeks after the infant’s birth.
- A mental health screening will be completed within 30 days of enrollment, 2nd trimester, 3rd trimester and postnatal (at 2-week visit) using the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale.
- If the scale has a score of 10 or higher, if a mother/pregnant woman who scores over a 10, a rescreen will be completed after 2 weeks in situations where Home Visitor feels the mental health needs aren’t severe/urgent. The participant will be asked if she would like her doctor to receive the results. The intervention manager can also be contacted to share resources and give referrals if needed.
- After Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale is completed, the paperwork will be turned in to the Intervention Manager, who will input information into ChildPlus.
- Prenatal participants will advise their Home Visitor on the frequency of home visits (weekly, biweekly, once a month) according to their needs.
- After the baby is born, the Home Based Manager will visit the mother and baby within 2 weeks during a scheduled home visit with the Home Visitor.
- The 2-week Home Visit Form for newborn will be discussed/completed.
- Additional information will be given to parent if not already received after the birth.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale screener will be completed with the new mom.
- The Home Based Manager will advise the PFCE Manager when a 2-week Home Visit Form for the newborn is completed.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.80, 1302.81|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Other Sources:||GGK Unit 2 Modules 2 & 3, Unit #3 Modules 3,5,6,7|
|Effective Date:||3/4/21||Reviewed Date:||6/9/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|