NOCAC Head Start will refer a child to the Local Education Agency (LEA) if warranted as a presented by developmental, speech/language, social/emotional, vison and/ or hearing screenings.
- If the child receives two or more concerning scores on their screenings, the teacher will inform the family of the referral process. The parent/guardian will be asked to sign the Child service Plan Referral form (CSPR).
- If the family agrees to have the child evaluated by an outside agency, the teacher will complete the Release of information from (ROI) for the parent/guardian to sign.
- The Classroom Coach & Mentor (CCM), Disability Services Coordinator (DSC) and the teaching team will develop a Child Service Plan (CSP) to meets the child’s needs. This will be implemented during the LEA evaluation process.
- The teacher will give the signed CSPR and ROI to the DSC.
- The DSC will gather the required documents required for referral submission:
- ASQ Summary
- DECA Summary
- Birth Certificate
- Hearing/Vision Screening
- The DSC will then scan these documents into the computer as one file. This file will be labeled with the child’s name and age.
- The File will then be Sent Via email to the LEA
- The submission of referral will be documented in ChildPlus by the DSC under the disability/ Concerns tab.
- If a child is deemed eligible for services and receives an IEP, please follow the IEP Procedure.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33 (3,4, 5) 1302.60|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||6/9/2022|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|