NOCAC enforces a system of health and safety practices that ensure children are kept safe at all times.
- NOCAC consults Caring for Our Children Basics for additional information to develop and implement adequate safety policies and practices meeting the requirements of HSPPS 1302.47
- NOCAC implements ongoing training, oversight, correction and continuous improvement in accordance with HSPPS that ensures all safety procedures are adequate to ensure child safety.
- NOCAC reports safety incidents in accordance with 1302.102 and the NOCAC Incident/Injury Report Form.
- All staff and consultants follow appropriate practices to keep children safe during all activities, including, at a minimum:
- Reporting of suspected or known child abuse and neglect per the NOCAC Child Abuse Reporting Procedures.
- Appropriate indoor and outdoor supervision of children all times as per the Active Supervision Policy.
- Only releasing children to an authorized adult as per the Child Enrollment and Health Information Form and the Authorized Pick up List.
- All standards of conduct described in 1302.90(c) and as per the NOCAC Standards of Conduct Policy.
- The NOCAC Safety Committee meets monthly.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.90, 1302.102|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-12|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|