Head Start/Early Head Start staff will comply with the Social Security Administration Request for Administration Information records form.
The Disabilities/Intervention Specialist, after reviewing the documentation will:
- Answer the questionnaire when appropriate and/or
- Share with other appropriate Head Start staff members to complete the questionnaire, including but not limited to:
- Teaching Staff/Home Visitor
- Site Managers
- Family Advocate
- Fax the completed questionnaires back to the appropriate SSI office named on the documents.
- Scan the completed questionnaire and add to child plus profile under the “Application” Tab, under “Attachments”.
- File the questionnaire in the child’s permanent record by following all HIPAA and FERPA rules.
- If the questionnaire is for a child no longer in our program, the Disability Services Coordinator will contact the Social Security Administration to inform them, and then shred the questionnaire.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Reviewed Date:||3/17/20, 6/15/22|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|