The Winter Crisis Program (WCP) is a heating assistance program that may provide a one-time payment toward a utility and/ or bulk service for those who meet the program eligibility requirements. The Program begins November 1, 2021 and runs through March 31, 2022.
· A payment towards utility service that is currently off or in disconnection status;
· A payment to establish new service;
· Possible furnace repair up to $500.00
· Bulk fuel delivery (propane, fuel oil, wood, coal). Must have 25% or less fuel in the tank.
· Eligible applicant’s total household income must be at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines:
· If you or a household member have been diagnosed with COVID in the past 12 months, no disconnection notice is needed.
· Past 30 day or 12 month income
· Social Security Cards for all household members
· Electric and Gas bill
· Proof of Disability (If applicable)
· Health Insurance Premiums paid or Child Support paid
To schedule an appointment for heating assistance, families/households may call our toll free 24 hour hotline at 1-419-219-4641 or schedule online. Please feel free to contact your local Community Service Worker if you have any questions.