Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
We are dedicated to minimizing effects of poverty by connecting individuals to opportunities and resources that support a secure future.
This position will begin 1/2/2024
We are looking for the right person who will assist the Nutrition Manager with duties related to the Head Start food pantry. This person would also substitute for the cooks located at any eight of our Head Start locations, as needed.
Duties associated with the Head Start Food Pantry
- Stock and organize weekly orders by applying the first in, first out method.
- When low on inventory, communicate this to the Nutrition Manager so that the pantry can maintain the proper stock.
- Pull requested items for each Head Start kitchen. Deliver these items to each location. Deliver fresh food items to locations, as needed.
- Assist with the Wal-Mart orders. Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) according to procedure. Submit completed PO’s to the Nutrition Manager for review.
Support/substitute for Head Start cooks, as needed. This will include:
- Be able to prepare meats, salads, breads, vegetables, fruits, and other items, in sufficient food quantities to ensure adequate serving for each child’s daily requirements, as needed.
- Clear tables and wash dishes. Store dishes and utensils in a neat and organized manner.
- Instruct and assist the children with setting and clearing the tables.
- Complete accurate daily records reflecting meal counts, food\non-food expenditures, foods used-per-day inventory and diet substitution forms.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience in quantity cooking and purchasing preferred.
- Serve-Safe Certified or be willing/able to become certified
- Must be able to stand for extended periods at a time.
- Lifts pans and boxes weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain the state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance. Must be over the age of 21 and have a good driving record.
- Since this position will be driving and delivering items, a reliable vehicle will be required. There will also be access to an agency van, as needed.
Salary: $13.84 – $15.83 per hour
Expected hours: 30 per week
- 403(b) with up to a 6% match
- Dental insurance
- Shor Term Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.