Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combate conditions related to poverty.
Preschool Teacher Assistant – Locations: Archbold, Napoleon and Wauseon
Join our Head Start family in a classroom role working alongside the Teacher in the development of an individual and group education program for children ages 3-5. You would also get trained to drive the Head Start bus in order to transport children to and from the center, on field trips and to other destinations.
As the Assistant, you would be a part of the teaching team who would implement activities that will enhance each child’s growth and development in all areas including: physical, cognitive, social/emotional, creativity, communications, individuality, and self-concept.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, school hours (vary by classroom), 35 hour per week
Starting Wage: $11.34 – $13.51, based on educational qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and,
- One year working in an Early Childhood Education program, preferred.
- CDA certification preferred.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) endorsement within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to stand for periods at a time
- Must be able to work in a classroom environment that is physically flexible to the needs of children ages 3-5.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To apply for this job please visit nocac.org.